Behringer DIGITAL SNAKE S16
Stagebox I/O with 16 remote controlled MIDAS preamps, 8 outputs and AES50 networking with KLARK TEKNIK SuperMAC technology.
S16 DIGITAL SNAKE
Digital mixing has revolutionized virtually everything that goes into the live entertainment production process. Now we've come up with the perfect solution to bring talent on stage to the Front of House (FOH) console and the rest of the world - the amazing and affordable S16 Digital Snake! The S16 provides 16 MIDAS designed remote mic preamps and 8 balanced XLR analog returns - all you need is a single Cat5e cable. While KLARK TEKNIK, the industry leader in high-end digital audio processing, invented the SuperMAC technology that made it all possible - our superior production scale is what makes the S16 so affordable and reliable.
MIDAS - Legend of sound quality
Since its inception in the 1970s, Midas has a long history of innovation and leadership in the console world. Hired for the world's most famous concerts and installations, legendary Midas consoles such as the XL4 and Heritage H3000 quickly became the standard in the industry. Midas has earned an impeccable reputation for its no-compromise approach to sound and build quality, and in particular for its award-winning mic preamps that are considered by experts to be the best sound designs in the industry. Building on this legacy, the XL8 and PRO Series Live Mixing Systems continue that great legacy of award-winning sound quality. Behringer is proud to feature a Midas-designed mic preamp for the ultimate in audio reproduction both live and on stage. studio
Massive Behringer S16 Connectivity
The built-in AES50 ports allow you to connect up to 32 mic/line inputs, 16 balanced outputs and the amazing POWERPLAY P-16 personal monitoring system that can accommodate up to 48 individual monitor mixes. We also included 2 optical ADAT jacks for connecting channels 1-8 and 9-16 to external devices, a convenient USB port for system updates via PC, and MIDI in and out for controlling lighting systems and sound modules
Standalone Snake mode
The S16 was originally designed for our flagship X32 digital console, but any AES50 network capable mixing board can still benefit from the S16's powerful feature set. So even if a gig requires an analog board, you can quickly assemble a couple of S16s and ADA8200s to create a powerful, lightweight 16x16 digital snake - with full preamp remote control.
Remote controlled preamps make setup a breeze.
The S16's ingenious monitoring/head amp control section lets you choose from 16 inputs, 8 outputs, or P-16 outputs for instant signal control. In addition to the signal meter in the stagebox, you can also set the input channel's individual gain, apply +48V phantom power, listen directly to the input signal through headphones and much more. Once set, all configuration settings can be locked on the console to ensure complete system security
Seamless integration with the P-16 personal monitoring system.
The ULTRANET port on the S16 connects directly to our POWERPLAY P-16 system, providing an easy and affordable way to give musicians and singers what they really want - "more of me"! P16-M personal mixers allow each performer to take control of what they hear, allowing you to focus on giving your audience the best possible listening experience. Quick and easy setup – the base system can be installed and configured in minutes and can be expanded to meet changing needs
The incredible value of the Behringer S16
As you can see, the S16 is an extremely versatile 16 x 8 digital snake, equipped with remote controlled MIDAS mic preamps, KLARK TEKNIK AES50 connectivity and many other professional features - all at a price everyone can afford! Built tough enough to withstand the rigors of road transport, the S16 occupies only 2U of rack space and connects to the FOH with a single inexpensive Cat5e cable. Now you can have the missing link between stage and FOH at a fraction of the cost of competing systems – and we back them up with a comprehensive warranty program.
Features of the Behringer S16
- 16 programmable mic preamps designed by MIDAS for audiophile sound quality
- 8 analog, servo-balanced XLR outputs
- AES50 network ports equipped with KLARK TEKNIK SuperMAC networking capabilities for ultra-low jitter and latency.
- ULTRANET connector for the BEHRINGER P16 Personal Monitoring System.
- Digital audio and control connectivity for TURBOSOUND loudspeaker systems with ULTRANET connectivity.
- Dual AES50 ports for cascading additional S16, SD16 or SD8 stage boxes - no connection or router required.
- Precise LED indicators and 7-segment indicators for on-stage signal control.
- Dual ADAT outputs with 16-channel digital output on two optical TOSLINK connectors*.
- Headphone output assignable to any of the I/O for on-stage monitoring.
- MIDI in/out for bi-directional communication between the BEHRINGER X32 series console and on-stage MIDI devices.
- Remote control via shielded CAT5e cable up to 100 m long.
- USB connector for updating the system via a PC
- Power supply for maximum flexibility (100-240V~), noise-free audio, excellent transient response plus low power consumption for energy savings
- Solidly made, yet compact, all-steel housing, mounted in a 2U rack
- Developed and designed by BEHRINGER in Germany.